76 - The Narratives We Believe (& Why They Matter)
This week, Robert & Holly talk about one of Robert’s favorite topics: narratives! What they are, why it matters what we believe about ourselves and the world around us, how to notice them, and more.
Things we mention in this episode/other resources:
- Robert has written about narratives here and about not being ‘good enough’ here
- Lonely at the Top by Thomas Joiner
- We explain the car warning lights analogy in episode 65 - Maintaining Your Mental Health In Ministry
- we talk with Dr. Stephen Grcevich in episodes 74 and 75
- episode 55 - CBT for Christians (feat. Dr. Michelle Pearce)
- episode 72 - Mentoring, Leading, & Empowering Others
- episode 49 - College Students & Creating Supportive Communities (feat. Dr. Gary Glass)
- our episodes with Phileena Heuertz
- episode 34 - Self-Image, Parenting, & Learning to Love Ourselves As We Are (feat. Hillary McBride)
Join the Cxmhunity on Facebook!
Ways to support CXMH:
- make a pledge on Patreon and get rewards like submitting questions for upcoming interviews, a mug, sticker, t-shirt, or more!
- give a one-time gift using PayPal
- Do your Amazon shopping through this link
- Leave us a rating & review on iTunes or Google Play
- Check out our CXMH merchandise to show off your support
- Listen to the Cxmhunity Spotify playlist here
- Check out other episodes and find your favorites guests on our website.
Intro/Outro music for this episode is ‘Fall Down’ by Rivers & Robots.