77 - Mental Health in Latinx Culture (feat. Yesenia Reta)
This week, Robert is sick but hopes you can’t hear it on the recording. (That’s not mentioned in the episode anywhere, it just seemed like a good way to start the note.) We’re joined by Yesenia Reta, LCSW, who practices as a Christian therapist in Florida. She talks about how she views faith & mental health working together, how growing up in a Mexican family shaped her view of mental health, and some barriers she sees her Hispanic clients facing when trying to get treatment.
Things we mention in this episode/other resources:
- the Latinx Therapy website, which includes a therapist directory, the podcast, and more resources
- Yesenia’s episode of the Latinx Therapy podcast in English (‘Anxiety 101’) and Spanish (‘Viviendo con Ansiedad’)
Join the Cxmhunity on Facebook!
Ways to support CXMH:
- make a pledge on Patreon and get rewards like submitting questions for upcoming interviews, a mug, sticker, t-shirt, or more!
- give a one-time gift using PayPal
- Do your Amazon shopping through this link
- Leave us a rating & review on iTunes or Google Play
- Check out our CXMH merchandise to show off your support
- Listen to the Cxmhunity Spotify playlist here
- Check out other episodes and find your favorites guests on our website.
Intro/Outro music for this episode is ‘Fall Down’ by Rivers & Robots.