72 - Mentoring, Leading, & Empowering Others
Do you lead others in some capacity? (Hint: the answer is yes). This week, Holly and Robert talk about mentoring both formal and informal, the way we can lead others through our actions, and why empowering those coming behind us is important. We also touch on some important ideas like being aware of the social conditioning we’re experiencing and how to change those narratives.
Things we mention in this episode/other resources:
- episode 68 - Faith & Doubt
- episode 34 - Self-Image, Parenting, & Learning to Love Ourselves As We Are (feat. Hillary McBride)
- Mothers, Daughters, and Body Image: Learning to Love Ourselves as We Are by Hillary McBride
- Dare to Lead: Brave Work. Tough Conversations. Whole Hearts. by Brené Brown
- Under Pressure: Confronting the Epidemic of Stress and Anxiety in Girls by Lisa Damour PhD
- we talk about expectations and how they shape our actions & those around us. This episode of Invisibilia takes a deeper look at those topics.
- “The truth is that we’re all leading in some capacity, whether we realize it or not.” (tweet)
- “We can only lead as far as we’ve gone.” (tweet)
- “We live up to the expectations of the people who matter most to us.” (tweet)
Join the Cxmhunity on Facebook!
Ways to support CXMH:
- make a pledge on Patreon and get rewards like submitting questions for upcoming interviews, a mug, sticker, t-shirt, or more!
- give a one-time gift using PayPal
- Do your Amazon shopping through this link
- Leave us a rating & review on iTunes or Google Play
- Check out our CXMH merchandise to show off your support
- Listen to the Cxmhunity Spotify playlist here
- Check out other episodes and find your favorites guests on our website.
Intro/Outro music for this episode is ‘Fall Down’ by Rivers & Robots.