68 - Faith & Doubt
It’s just us, folks. Robert and Holly got together in Atlanta to record this episode in person (the first CXMH episode ever recorded without Skype!). We talk about faith, why we think doubt is a good thing, and what it often looks like to move through our faith lives. We share our own faith journeys, as well as digging into some proposed Stages of Faith progressions.
(Note from Robert: I formally apologize for how much I say ‘like’ in this episode. If it’s any consolation, it probably annoyed me more while I was editing than it will annoy you while listening.)
Things we mention in this episode/other resources:
- here’s a picture of both Fowler and Peck’s stages of faith with descriptions
- Benefit of the Doubt: Breaking the Idol of Certainty by Greg Boyd
- Falling Upward: A Spirituality for the Two Halves of Life by Richard Rohr
- Braving the Wilderness: The Quest for True Belonging and the Courage to Stand Alone by Brené Brown
- we mention Susan Case Designs. Find out more on her website or on Instagram.
- “The goal is to be a river: there’s things flowing in and flowing out.” (tweet)
- “What people need is someone to say ‘I acknowledge this sucks & is painful and I’m going to sit here with you in that.” (tweet)
- “The opposite of faith isn’t doubt, it’s certainty.” (tweet)
Join the Cxmhunity on Facebook!
Ways to support CXMH:
- make a pledge on Patreon and get rewards like submitting questions for upcoming interviews, a mug, sticker, t-shirt, or more!
- give a one-time gift using PayPal
- Do your Amazon shopping through this link
- Leave us a rating & review on iTunes or Google Play
- Check out our CXMH merchandise to show off your support
- Listen to the Cxmhunity Spotify playlist here
- Check out other episodes and find your favorites guests on our website.
Intro/Outro music for this episode is ‘Fall Down’ by Rivers & Robots.