61 - How to Set Goals & Make Changes (feat. Susette Magana & Brandon Cook from The Desire Line)
It’s 2019, and we’re doing something we’ve never done before: a crossover episode! We got together with our friends from The Desire Line podcast to talk about resolutions, setting goals, and what it takes to create lasting change in our lives.
In the intro. Robert & Holly talk about changes to the ways you can interact with the show! Join the Cxmhunity Facebook group for free here and support the show on Patreon to see upcoming episodes and submit questions to be in interviews!
Things we mention in this episode/other resources:
- PowerSheets by Lara Casey
- the Transtheoretical Model of Change
- Shame episode of DL (6)
- SMART goals: specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, timed.
- Erin Condren planners
- Emily Ley’s Simplified planners
- eustress vs. distress
Listen to The Desire Line podcast or connect with the show on Twitter. Connect with Susette on her website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest. Connect with Brandon on his website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest.
- “You can’t just be moving away from something, you have to be moving toward something for it to be sustainable.” (tweet)
- “When I’m successful, it’s because I have a sustained vision.” (tweet)
- “Our desire is cultivated by practices, our practices become habits, and habits ultimately become our character.” (tweet)
- “Starting small and doable is way better than trying to go for transformation in a single bound.” (tweet)
- “If you’re operating out of shame, that resolution’s probably gonna wear out.” (tweet)
- “What’s the smallest step I can take?” (tweet)
- “It’s important to find that eustress that is helpful.” (tweet)
- “Extend grace to yourself.” (tweet)
- “Pay attention to the trend lines, not the headlines.” (tweet)
Ways to support CXMH:
- make a pledge on Patreon and get rewards like submitting questions for upcoming interviews, a mug, sticker, t-shirt, or more!
- give a one-time gift using PayPal
- Do your Amazon shopping through this link
- Leave us a rating & review on iTunes or Google Play
- Check out our CXMH merchandise to show off your support
- Listen to the Cxmhunity Spotify playlist here
- Check out other episodes and find your favorites guests on our website.
Intro/Outro music for this episode is ‘Fall Down’ by Rivers & Robots.