60 - Taking Care of Yourself During the Holidays (& Reflecting on the Year)
Have a seat here for a special holiday fireside chat with Robert & Holly. It’s the last episode of 2018, so we take a look back at the year and talk about what we’ve learned, as well as listing what we think could be better about the show in 2019. We also put on our respective therapist hats to talk about how the holidays are hard for a lot of people and the tension of a ‘joyful’ time of year when there’s so much pain happening around us. Lastly, we talk about self-care during the holidays and some ideas on being intentional about it. This one’s as full of suggestions as a full stocking or something. (I wanted to end on a holiday metaphor, you get the idea.)
Things we mention in this episode/other resources:
- All the previous episodes we mention in this episode can be found here.
- The Teenage Brain: A Neuroscientist's Survival Guide to Raising Adolescents and Young Adults by Frances E Jensen and Amy Ellis Nutt
- Dare to Lead: Brave Work. Tough Conversations. Whole Hearts. by Brené Brown
- Making All Things New: An Invitation to the Spiritual Life by Henri Nouwen
- Everything Belongs: The Gift of Contemplative Prayer by Richard Rohr
- Chasing Slow: Courage to Journey Off the Beaten Path by Erin Loechner
- Present Over Perfect: Leaving Behind Frantic for a Simpler, More Soulful Way of Living by Shauna Niequist
- Pilgrimage of a Soul: Contemplative Spirituality for the Active Life by Phileena Heuertz
Ways to support CXMH:
- make a pledge on Patreon and get rewards like an exclusive Facebook group, a mug, sticker, t-shirt, or more!
- give a one-time gift using PayPal
- Do your Amazon shopping through this link
- Leave us a rating & review on iTunes or Google Play
- Check out our CXMH merchandise to show off your support
- Listen to the Cxmhunity Spotify playlist here
- Check out other episodes and find your favorites guests on our website.
Intro/Outro music for this episode is ‘Fall Down’ by Rivers & Robots (although Robert added the sleigh bells).