38 - The Enneagram & Our Faith Journey (feat. Dr. Holly Oxhandler & Dr. Jon Singletary)
Great news! Robert’s out on podternity leave, so Dr. Holly Oxhandler is this week’s guest host. She sits down with Dr. Jon Singletary to talk about the Enneagram in part one of a two-week series. This week, they talk about how the Enneagram helps you learn about yourself including an overview of the Enneagram, what each number means, how they can impact our faith journey and self-awareness, and what to do once we recognize our Enneagram number.
Things we mention in this episode/other resources:
- Holly’s previous appearance on CXMH in episode 31 - Does It Matter If Your Therapist Is Christian?
- Discover Your Soul Potential: Using The Enneagram to Awaken Spiritual Vitality by Kathy Hurley & Theodorre Donson
- The Road Back to You: An Enneagram Journey to Healthy Relationships by Ian Morgan Cron & Suzanna Stabile
- The Path Between Us: An Enneagram Journey to Healthy Relationships by Suzanna Stabile
- Suzanne Stabile’s podcast, The Enneagram Journey
- Jon’s article ‘You Are Not Your Personality: Why the Enneagram Matters’
- “Thinking about mind and body and heart are different ways of thinking about thinking, feeling, and doing.” (tweet)
- “Perhaps a part of what Jesus was saying is loving God with your whole self means paying attention to [thinking, feeling, and doing.]” (tweet)
- “We all wear different glasses in how we approach the world.” (tweet)
- “Our thinking self, our feeling self, and our doing self shape how we respond to most situations.” (tweet)
- “[The Enneagram] has helped tremendously to remind myself that not everyone sees the world in the same way that I do.” (tweet)
- “I think grace for yourself is key. You have to have grace for yourself to offer it to others.” (tweet)
- “The only way to truly be selfless on the journey is to know how your personality gets in the way of you doing that.” (tweet)
- “Being reflective about our personality invites us to make choices.” (tweet)
Support CXMH on Patreon or leave us a review on iTunes or Google Play.
Check out our brand new merchandise to show off your love of CXMH or start conversations.
Check out other episodes and find your favorites guests on our website.
Connect more with CXMH on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest.
Intro/Outro music for this episode is ‘Fall Down’ by Rivers & Robots.