37 - Diagnosing Darth Vader (feat. Dr. Katie Gordon & Brandon Saxton)
Have you ever wondered what would happen if your favorite fictional characters visited a mental health professional? Have no fear, Jedi Counsel is here! Dr. Katie Gordon & Brandon Saxton host a podcast that explores mental health in your favorite characters, as well as being researchers and psychologists. We talk about Darth Vader (narcissistic personality disorder?), Rick & Morty (can a pickle attend family therapy?), and more.
Things we mention in this episode:
- CXMH episode 15 on Suicide Prevention and our bonus episode on Suicide Prevention Resources
- Dr. Thomas Joiner's work on suicidality, including his books Why People Die By Suicide and Myths About Suicide
- The various episodes of Jedi Counsel we mention can be found here
- Jedi Counsel's first blog post: Diagnosing Darth Vader
- Geek Therapy
Connect with Jedi Counsel on their website, Facebook, or Twitter. Listen to Jedi Counsel on iTunes, Stitcher, or Podbean. You can also listen to the Rickistential Podcast here. Connect with Katie on her website or Twitter. Connect with Brandon on his website or Twitter.
Listen to the Cxmhunity Spotify playlist I mention in the intro here!
- “We are all affected by biases that might not lead us in the right direction.” -Dr. Katie Gordon (tweet)
- “If there’s something that you’re passionate about, try content creation.” -Brandon Saxton (tweet)
Join the exclusive Cxmhunity Facebook group to interact with the hosts, guests, and other listeners by pledging just $1/month on Patreon!
Support CXMH on Patreon or leave us a review on iTunes or Google Play!
Check out our brand new merchandise to show off your love of CXMH or start conversations!
Check out other episodes and find your favorite guest on our website.
Connect with CXMH on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest.
Intro/Outro music for this episode is Fall Down by Rivers & Robots.