46 - The Heartbeat & History of CXMH (feat. Robert Vore)
This one's getting a little meta, folks. When Holly first agreed to be the new cohost for CXMH (listen to her intro here), she asked if I would be willing to do an episode where she interviewed me about my vision for the show and how it came to be. I was caught somewhat off guard, and alternated between 'surely we've already done that' and 'no one would want to listen to that.' I eventually gave in, and that's what you'll hear in this episode.
Things we mention in this episode/other resources:
- We talk a lot about the beginning few episodes. You can explore older episodes here to find ones that sound interesting to you!
- When I was talking about the #ChurchMH chat from 2016, I mentioned other people helping run it but didn't mention the names. I wish I had, because they deserve to be mentioned. The #ChurchMH Twitter Chat was inspired by Jackson Dame (who also made the artwork for the chat) and was run weekly by myself, Jackson, Steve Austin, Aaron J. Smith, Jennifer Neyhart, and Sarah Robinson. They're all still doing awesome things and are 100% worth following.
- “While we’re fixing big systemic things, the short-term goal has to be ‘how do we change the space people already are and have access to?’ ” (tweet)
- “About 80% of the population has struggled with a mental health concern at some point in their life.” (tweet)
- “It’s a pretty safe assumption that every person that you encounter has been impacted by mental health in some way.” (tweet)
- “We all have mental health. We could all be healthier.” (tweet)
- “Unless you’re given permission to talk about [mental health], you don’t.” (tweet)
- “We know people turn to faith leaders in times of crises. How can we equip [them] to be better at those conversations and instill in them some trust to then refer if that’s what’s needed?” (tweet)
Ways to support CXMH:
- make a pledge on Patreon and get rewards like an exclusive Facebook group, a mug, sticker, t-shirt, or more!
- Do your Amazon shopping through this link
- Leave us a rating & review on iTunes or Google Play
- Check out our CXMH merchandise to show off your support
- Listen to the Cxmhunity Spotify playlist here
- Check out other episodes and find your favorites guests on our website.
Intro/Outro music for this episode is ‘Fall Down’ by Rivers & Robots.