66 - Recovery Ministry (feat. Storey Cook)
This week, we’re airing an interview Holly recorded back when Robert was on podternity leave (flashback!). She talks with Storey Cook, director of Reclaim Recovery Ministry at Harris Creek in Waco. They talk about recovery ministries, how 12 step programs fit into a faith context, and the importance that doing your own work plays in helping others.
Things we mention in this episode/other resources:
- the stages of change
- Celebrate Recovery
- episode 19 - "There are parts of me that will never be completely healed." (feat. Kay Warren)
- The National Association for Christian Recovery
- Breathing Under Water: Spirituality and the Twelve Steps by Richard Rohr
- the Center for Action and Contemplation
- episodes about the enneagram
- “Addiction takes place in all kinds of areas of our life.” (tweet)
Join the Cxmhunity on Facebook!
Ways to support CXMH:
- make a pledge on Patreon and get rewards like submitting questions for upcoming interviews, a mug, sticker, t-shirt, or more!
- give a one-time gift using PayPal
- Do your Amazon shopping through this link
- Leave us a rating & review on iTunes or Google Play
- Check out our CXMH merchandise to show off your support
- Listen to the Cxmhunity Spotify playlist here
- Check out other episodes and find your favorites guests on our website.
Intro/Outro music for this episode is ‘Fall Down’ by Rivers & Robots.