63 - Uncluttering Our Spaces, Our Schedules, & Our Lives (feat. Courtney Ellis)
Do we have too much clutter in our homes, schedule, and mind? Courtney Ellis (author of the new book Uncluttered: Free Your Space, Free Your Schedule, Free Your Soul) stops by to talk to us about her journey from more to less and how it was actually a journey from less to more. Don’t worry, this isn’t just an episode about organizing stuff: we talk about technology use, our busy schedules, the practice of Sabbath, and more (ok yes, including physical stuff).
Things we mention in this episode/other resources:
- decision fatigue
- Irresistible: The Rise of Addictive Technology and the Business of Keeping Us Hooked by Adam Alter
- The Tech-Wise Family: Everyday Steps for Putting Technology in Its Proper Place by Andy Crouch
- The spoons metaphor Robert mentions is found in Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things by Jenny Lawson (Jenny credits the idea to Christine Miserandino)
- Also, Robert wrote about that spoons idea a few years ago here, which includes some of Jenny’s words about it.
- “It turned out that I had to let go of a lot of things before God could give me more.” (tweet)
Join the Cxmhunity on Facebook!
Ways to support CXMH:
- make a pledge on Patreon and get rewards like submitting questions for upcoming interviews, a mug, sticker, t-shirt, or more!
- give a one-time gift using PayPal
- Do your Amazon shopping through this link
- Leave us a rating & review on iTunes or Google Play
- Check out our CXMH merchandise to show off your support
- Listen to the Cxmhunity Spotify playlist here
- Check out other episodes and find your favorites guests on our website.
Intro/Outro music for this episode is ‘Fall Down’ by Rivers & Robots.